The dream of a graduate student revolves around a standard job where he/she can discover honor, dignity, social status, smart salary, power, and most significantly security. A BCS (Bangladesh Civil Service) the first-class job is where you find everything in one place with the opportunity to serve your country at its best and Foreign Affairs Cadre is one of them!
BCS (Bangladesh Civil Service) is a selection procedure by the Bangladesh Government for the first-class officer/gazette officers for the administration of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh. The process of selecting a candidate is multifaceted. One candidate has to triumph over some stages to be appointed as BCS cadre like “Preliminary Examination,” “Written Examination,” “Viva Voce,” “Health Test,” and “Police Verification, etc.”
Foreign Affairs Cadre in Bangladesh
Advantages of a Foreign Cadre
- Here you will enjoy the trademark of a “Diplomat” for the rest of your life with tremendous honor and dignity. Unlike other cadres, your target groups will be embassy people and VVIP when you are in Bangladesh.
- Foreign Service offers you to live a decent and honest life. Though our foreign allowance is not high, it is to some extent manageable to lead a standard life.
- Your children will enjoy the best quality education, medical, and accommodation free in the mission abroad. Also, they will be grown up in an elite environment.
Now, the opposite side of the coin!
This service is very sensitive. You have to work with the highest vigilance every day. Pressure is sometimes mounting too high to withstand. Like another service, you may not post in your desired mission even though u possess the highest efficiency as an officer. Your living cost may sometimes seem too high compared to your allowances in some missions. You may feel boring to work consular and protocol works.
- How to Improve Your Communication Skills?
- How Does A Manager Plan And Make Decisions?
- Top 5 Tea Companies in Bangladesh | Tea Industries
- Top Importers and Exporters List in Bangladesh | Imports, Exports, and Trade Companies
- The Top 10 Companies in Bangladesh | Top Companies
BCS Viva Tips For Foreign Affairs
‘Foreign affairs” is such a kind of position in the BCS where only eligible candidates get a chance through their endless efforts, sacrifice, and overall dedication.
To get a chance in foreign affairs a candidate has to possess some specific qualities, covering the areas of complete addressing about himself, his Upazila, district, division, and above all the present status of the country in the international arena.
Such as in the UN, OIC, SAARC, BIMSTEC, NAM, and in other alliances in which Bangladesh is working restlessly to bright the image of its own to the international communities. Also belonging to donor organizations including IMF, WB, USAID, JICA, ADB and IDB, foreign policy, different missions of Bangladesh abroad.
He/She also should have a crystal-clear knowledge on the status and functions of a diplomat, broad knowledge on the current issues across the world, climatic hazards like global warming or greenhouse effect, earth-quake, exporting products of the country especially the garments sector coupled with remittance and FDI, having a sharp knowledge on map-pointing including rivers, oceans, countries, continents, mountains, lakes, seas, etc.
His/Her knowledge also must cover diplomatic knowledge on geo-politics, inns, and outs of economic and military alliance with their full history, the name of capitals and currencies of all countries across the world.
Above all cadre need to give a smart and precise answer including relevant data with a pleasing voice which surely would be helpful to score outstanding marks on viva-voce to reach the top of success.
Reading materials and Topics for BCS Foreign Affairs:
1) Diplomacy and foreign policy in Wikipedia.
2) History of Bangladesh in Wikipedia
3) Constitution of Bangladesh.
4) For full information on the district visit dc@(your district name).govt.bd
5) A book “ Articles on National and International Issues” by M Imam Hossain 6) National budget for the current year
7) An economic review of the Bangladesh govt – current year 8) Guidebooks including Oracle, Professors, and Saifur’s publication
9) Regular study of the English newspapers including “The Daily Star”, “The Independent” and “Financial Express”.
10) Collection of the atlas.
11) Website: Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Bangladesh https://mofa.gov.bd/
Links for BCS Update: www.bpsc.gov.bd
Contributor: Sabbir Ahmed | From Mawlana Bhashani Science & Technology University